AuthorTopic: Strange blurring problem  (Read 7141 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Strange blurring problem

Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 04:20:41 am
No, just two ways to do the same thing. View>Preview will show your animation in a little window, you'll probably have to adjust the timings on the frames as gale imports at 1second/frame by default. What you see in the sprite sheet is what will show up in game so really you need to check for errors there.

Offline 8-bit_madness

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:03 am
No, just two ways to do the same thing. View>Preview will show your animation in a little window, you'll probably have to adjust the timings on the frames as gale imports at 1second/frame by default. What you see in the sprite sheet is what will show up in game so really you need to check for errors there.

View>Preview isn't working. I'm just seeing the entire sprite sheet where the animation should be.

I entered X:1 Y:1 when I opened the image. Could this be the reason?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:51:45 am by 8-bit_madness »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 06:57:10 am
Yes
When you do import from combined image you need to tell the software how many images you have in the sheet. So at the bottom of the window under x type the number of frames there are horizontally, and under y the number that there are vertically. Alternately you can change it to "piece size" and type in the dimensions of your sprite.

Offline 8-bit_madness

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 07:58:56 am
Yes
When you do import from combined image you need to tell the software how many images you have in the sheet. So at the bottom of the window under x type the number of frames there are horizontally, and under y the number that there are vertically. Alternately you can change it to "piece size" and type in the dimensions of your sprite.

Oh I missed that bit lol. Well piece size makes more sense to me.

I've got everything working now, so thanks.

Offline onlinegatha

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:01 am
Also I'm wondering how do I go about making a sprite sheet in GG? I read a guide where it said that you have to save each frame as a png format, then click on custom grid and copy and paste each frame inside the blue squares. However I can only ever get one blue square to appear on the grid which covers the entire thing. (Can you do this with gif?) best Ebook Publisher India