AuthorTopic: Pizza Pete - WIP  (Read 6384 times)

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Pizza Pete - WIP

on: September 01, 2005, 06:34:11 am
Pizza Pete's itself is pretty much done actually - I'll be adding more people, objects, and action soon. I'm really just looking for ideas on the apartment building next to it. Windows are coming soon.

This will be a block for PixelDam when completed :D

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Re: Pizza Pete - WIP

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:21:23 pm
Saw it on pixeljoint, I really like it. Can't think of what you should do for the apartment.

Also, I'd like to know if you know where I can find a really good iso tutorial. I really want to try it sometime.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 07:22:56 pm by CrematedPumpkin »
I.....am......me............

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 10:27:47 am
This came out great. Looks like Pete's not getting much business...  The roof stands out very well. Nice lighting specs on it. Maybe the roof could have been lighter on the front side of the building? The bricks with the gray mortar are the slickest looking on this piece. It's nice to see the great variety of stonework on here. The red on your building letters doesn't match. Your Z's look like 2's. Try to sharpen that edge.

What about the lifeless building complex behind it??

Anyways, like I said, this came out great. Nice lighting, grit, and curves for the seating and building top by the logo.

Anybody who wants to know the secret of Isometric art: break out of the 'iso cube' and create interesting contours!

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:10:18 pm
The Pizza Pete shop looks great so far, a lot of care was put into that place.

The colours of the orange tiled roof are inconsistent with the other colours in the piece. Turn down the saturation on them, or saturate the rest of the colours more.

It Might help making one side of the buildings darker (more than you have already) and tinge it with a blue hue or something..

Anyways, looking great so far!
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Jamie

• ^ needs updated ^
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:19:10 pm
nice work, did you get the idea of the name from live for speed? propaly not but look at one of the cars texture ingame  ;)

i only just noticed when i was playing lol

Offline ShadowGuy

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 07:57:12 pm
thats pretty cool, looks exactly like a kebab-place where I used to work at (contructing it, not as an employee).

cant tell you really what to do with the appartment, but you'll figure it out yourself, I'm sure.

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 12:04:49 am
thanx for all your thoughts, comments, and ideas guys n gals. Here's a small update with a tenantive pose for one of the kids running away from Pizza Pete (giving them the finger). What do you make of the pose?

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 01:42:06 am
Looks good so far, but it is very rough therefore hard to tell.  How would a few blades of grass here and there around base of walls or buildings look?

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 02:05:20 am
Looks like he's flipping someone off to the other side. The kid running seems to be more to the right of Pete (to the right of Pete if you were actually Pete)

aka: Zoomrix