AuthorTopic: Underwater rock tiles [C+C]  (Read 8499 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Underwater rock tiles [C+C]

Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:25 am
Why would you think that Gil? It's not like this is hard to do at all. Bunch of circular shapes with agressive AA and some thought about layering.
Looks a bit blurry, but quite effective for what it is.
I do a lot of color reductions/cleanups, you learn to see the artifacts. Not that it matters to me. This is very well done in fact and I applaud the effort :)

Offline Nirel

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:37 pm
I was actually more or less fished with these tiles before I started highlighting, this was my process.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:44:14 pm by Nirel »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 08:05:43 am
im trying to imagine these tiles used to make walls in a shooter since they don't seem to have any structure to them.
they look like rocks at the bottom that would just fall apart if not supported.
seems more appropriate to make some structural rocks with coral or something along the lines of Xenon 2:

Offline Nirel

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 09:32:13 am
im trying to imagine these tiles used to make walls in a shooter since they don't seem to have any structure to them.
they look like rocks at the bottom that would just fall apart if not supported.
seems more appropriate to make some structural rocks with coral or something along the lines of Xenon 2:
OMG! this was my favorite game as a little kid, I never managed to find it as I didn't know its name, so thanks a million : :lol:

My idea for the game is having the player being able to scroll sideways indefinitely until he hits the a rock wall while having rock obstacles shapes and/or mazes in the middle to keep it interesting,(it works well in my head but I guess I'll just have to see how it works ingame)
I'm currently working on more edge shapes. If you have any input on the idea please let me know . :)

Offline Nirel

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 05:51:28 pm
Bbump  :D
please give me some crits