AuthorTopic: [C+C] Evolution of a blue lance wielding enemy  (Read 2038 times)

Offline mzn528

• View Profile

[C+C] Evolution of a blue lance wielding enemy

on: February 13, 2015, 06:55:07 am
Hey guys, I am back with another C+C!

This is the pre revised version:

This is the newest version:

I can definitely see some improvements in them but I know there are still tons of room to make it more natural.

Let me know and thank you guys so much!
Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist - Twitter @mzn528

Current Game: Soul Appeaser, an ARPG inspired by Dark Souls and Berserk (the manga yes)
DevLog here

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Evolution of a blue lance wielding enemy

Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:10:06 am
I think this has a lot of potential ;D It's like on the cusp of being great but you've got a couple of spots where the motion gets interrupted that ruin it, and an extra frame on the end. In a run animation EVERYTHING moves in a cycle, and you have to animate them all individually while also considering the whole. What this means is paying a lot of attention to arcs and ease in and ease out. If you're not familiar with the terms have a bit of a research session on them. This image should give you a general idea, you want everything to move along a smooth path and you want the object to move a certain distance along that path each frame, the spots you should be paying attention to are the feet, hands, chest, hips, head and each end of the staff. If you can get them all moving on the correct arcs you'll be golden. I suggest drawing up guides and then drawing your model over them, check out these progress shots of an animation I did recently to give you an idea. Though I highly suggest actually drawing the arcs first like so on a layer underneath until you've got a firm grasp on the concept.

Good luck :y:

Offline mzn528

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Evolution of a blue lance wielding enemy

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:31:43 pm
I think this has a lot of potential ;D It's like on the cusp of being great but you've got a couple of spots where the motion gets interrupted that ruin it, and an extra frame on the end. In a run animation EVERYTHING moves in a cycle, and you have to animate them all individually while also considering the whole. What this means is paying a lot of attention to arcs and ease in and ease out. If you're not familiar with the terms have a bit of a research session on them. This image should give you a general idea, you want everything to move along a smooth path and you want the object to move a certain distance along that path each frame, the spots you should be paying attention to are the feet, hands, chest, hips, head and each end of the staff. If you can get them all moving on the correct arcs you'll be golden. I suggest drawing up guides and then drawing your model over them, check out these progress shots of an animation I did recently to give you an idea. Though I highly suggest actually drawing the arcs first like so on a layer underneath until you've got a firm grasp on the concept.

Good luck :y:

Got it 32! Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I will go back and fix it a little bit!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:19:51 am by PixelPiledriver »
Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist - Twitter @mzn528

Current Game: Soul Appeaser, an ARPG inspired by Dark Souls and Berserk (the manga yes)
DevLog here