AuthorTopic: Tileset and Trees  (Read 7682 times)

Offline xier

• View Profile

Re: Tileset and Trees

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 06:00:02 pm
hey all, I am also working on this project .. I was wondering if anyone could provide feedback / guidance as to how I can make this castle fit better with alco's setting.

i want this to look like a decrepit ruin that you could find in the grass lands, should i darken it? it needs a nice colour to compliment the grass as well. and sorry for the lines, it is currently required for our engine.

Thank you

edit: added original

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:33:14 pm by xier »

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 08:16:01 pm
you can post images at 100% size. we can click them to zoom in.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 03:43:05 am
one simple idea is if multiple people are creating assets is if they wip them up quickly to a certain point and then have one asset overlord who finishes them all off at the pixel level and color choice level so they have consistent rendering.

seems like a pretty efficient way to work at least until the point where more party members are comfortable that their styles are aligned.

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 07:19:58 am
Probably best to start your own thread and link to this one Xier. Advice off the top of my head would be to simplify the textures (although that is a lovely wall texture), make sure your perspective is consistent (compare the top of the tower to the statue for example) finally make everything a bit bolder and more exaggerated. Oh and don't match perspective to the character assets, the character assets are at a different perspective to the perspective of the ground assets (3/4), there is nothing to do about that at this point.

@decroded
I completely agree,

Unfortunately I don't have much control over the art direction / organization of this project unless I take a personal vested interest in managing the project on my own time. I like to generally put my all into freelance work but I can't afford to work for free on someone's else project without some kind of incentive.

Edit:

I tried to make the dirt wall look less like a drop into the void. Also touched the trees up further.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:04:32 am by AlcopopStar »