AuthorTopic: [REV-SHARE] Need help from a 2d artist for a mobile game  (Read 2348 times)

Offline jaagr

• View Profile
Hi,

I am a 28 year old programmer who is working on a mobile game. Right now I have a fully functional prototype up and running
and it's time to finish the final version of the game.

To do that I need to partner up with a 2d artist. I could probably get the art work done by myself but I have only done some
old school animation tests and with my speed it would take ages so it would be nice to collaborate with someone who actually
have some skills in it. I'll attach my test animations :-)

[First attempt at a secured attack animation (the cat should of course unfold the umbrella)]
http://s15.postimg.org/cectyxf4n/draft.gif

[Started to sketch out the animation when to cat stands up after each round.]
http://s30.postimg.org/5rsbvl8nl/draft.gif

I have not yet settled on the art style I want to use so I'd be more than happy to make that decision together with an artist.

I am aware that it is hard to find talented people when there are no up-front payments but I want you to see this project
as an opportunity to gain experience in these kind of collaborations. Hopefully we can make more games after this one.
You need to start somewhere, right?

The game will use the freemium model where ads hopefully will generate some cents which we'll split.

So, a bit about the game.

Game mode: Multiplayer (2)
Game type: Memory/Stress

# Main gameplay
=> The game is round based and the time decreases for each round, so decisions have to be made faster and faster.
=> Each player gets 9 cats that they need to keep alive.
=> A player can attack the opponent cats (up to 3) by putting a rain cloud above them.
=> A player can secure its own cats (up to 3) by putting an umbrella in their hand.
=> The opponent cats are not visible during the round so the player needs to keep track of the opponent's cats (which is actually harder than it sounds).
=> An attack is only successful unless the target holds an umbrella.
=> If the player only have 3 cats left, only 2 can be secured, and so on.

# Possible power-ups (can be bought by coins earned by winning rounds)
=> Lightning strikes which kills cats with umbrellas.
=> Ball of thread to resurrect a cat who drowned.
(Only one power-up per game)

# Other features
=> Highscore
=> Invite friends to play (earn coins)

If you're interested in teaming up with me, please send me a message! If this game won't be a success, I'm sure our next one will :-)