AuthorTopic: [ WIP ] [C+C] Gypsy Wagon  (Read 2039 times)

Offline MoonKit

• View Profile

[ WIP ] [C+C] Gypsy Wagon

on: January 18, 2015, 03:11:23 pm

I'm still pretty new to pixeling and this is my first real big thing. I've been working on this on and off all week. However, I soon realized that my perspective with the lines/boards might be way off. I wanted to see if there was some advice in making the wagon look realistic in it's perspective (The front of the cabin slightly showing in order for me to show the inside and then the rest of the wagon's side showing. I'll be adding much more around the wagon, but before I do, I wanted to make sure this was correct beforehand in order to fix it before it becomes a massive problem. (I only regret I started the side detailing before I realized this.)

Other criticisms are greatly appreciated. (Yes, I'm going to add another window panel to match the other side and also some flowers in the flower box.)

I left a lot of space on the left in order for anyone to draw perspective lines. I keep trying and not getting it right.

Update. Decide to add more bored and also messed with some highlighting and working on front panel design.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:43:58 am by PixelPiledriver »

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Re: [ WIP ] [C+C] Gypsy Wagon

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:08:56 am
Lovely design!

I wish I had a bit more time to go through this, but essentially you need to draw this as a three dimensional box with vanishing lines for both sides, and then cut a cylinder out of that box. This will help a lot with perspective.

I don't have any specific examples, so you may want to look up two point perspective, a quick tip there though, because they are trying to show what it is, they often have the vanishing points in the picture, which makes the perspective look really extreme;. Ideally you should be putting the vanishing points way out to the side.