AuthorTopic: PoP fangame sprites - Example  (Read 10797 times)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: PoP fangame sprites - Example

Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 09:20:13 pm
No.  I was stating my opinion. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 09:31:24 pm
I really didn't like you sprite. No Offfence. Its to plain and isnt as vibrant as it could be.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 10:56:32 pm
Well someone call a wambulance.  Look people, this is as close as ill probably get to a hot topic, and its because people are complaining about stylistic choices and jumpy animation.  Just shut up about it. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 11:13:08 pm
C+C not appreciated. 

Probably is what you should have put.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 11:42:41 pm
im just pissed off thta all you can talk about is the styles of various games and how I should be like them. 

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 11:44:40 pm
Sohashu, I agree that you aren't taking C+C very well at all in this instance.  and what the crap is "Well someone call a wambulance."?  That was un-needed and quite frankly, immature.  As far as i could tell, people weren't compaining about a stylistic choice, they were giving you ways to improve it.  Call your decisions a 'stylistic choice' if you want, but nobody likes a style that doesn't look appealing.  Things said about the 'jumpy animation' are also valid crits and you should look into them.  I agree with the critiques most have said here.  Your a great guy, so I dont want you to dig yourself deeper than what you already are.

"just shut up about it" - not a good move.  You have been warned.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 11:56:21 pm
Im sorry.  Im just tired.  I have had the flu and im not taking things well.  Sorry everyone. 

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 11:59:31 pm
Im sorry.  Im just tired.  I have had the flu and im not taking things well.  Sorry everyone. 
good move.  your okay by me

yosh64

Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 08:24:09 am
hey

The shape of the head looks odd to me, it also looks bare and not well defined, maybe some hair, or a hat could help???.

The shading looks lacking, nothing seems defined... I get a slight sense of pillow shading, even though it is not. Hmm, the pants and shoes seem to look better to me in your mockup image.

@Adarias: It looks darn nice, but I think it would be a horror to animate???, hehe :). I mean how cool would it be to have the other side of him light up when he walks in the other direction :), but yea... I think it would be tough. But then again, I've never really done any pixel animation, so I dunno what I'm talking about :\.

I think I remember thinking he was just crouching when I first saw, I don't think there is much to emphasize him picking something up?

Anyhows I don't want to discourage you :\, so yea... keep at it :).

cyas
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:35:07 am by yosh64 »

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 10:31:15 am
Its okay Shos. But colour choicing and maybe sprite anatomy is what I think you have to work on. And don't think you the only one...*stares at himself* :( :P