AuthorTopic: My Portfolio of Pixels  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Veepa

• Not.
    • View Profile

My Portfolio of Pixels

on: July 25, 2006, 02:54:22 am
This is a collection of my some of my pixel works.

1)  This was a project to create a graphical chatting community, that never really took off.  I should mention that I worked with someone else on these sprites, but to be honest I did most of the work.

2)  This is just some various works of old that I made from scratch.

3)  This is the first version of the sprites for the graphical chatting community which never took off.  I made these myself from scratch..  It looks horrible to me now, it's dreadfully old.  I used to have the complete nude bodies for every view, but I can't seem to find it.  No loss anyway.

4)  I drew these characters from scratch for a webcomic that didn't really go anywhere.  I think they look pretty cool.

I know this isn't a lot.  But a lot of the work I've done was altering pre-existing sprites, and I didn't feel right showing those.

Anyway, I'm looking for some work.  If anyone needs someone please contact me.  My AIM is Gatari86. 
--------------------
~Nick J. Phillips

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: My Portfolio of Pixels

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:59 am
i think i remember somebody posting the base that your using for #1 - i can't remember who.  who was the person that you were working with?

everything seems pretty snazzy to me.  Some of your characters are off-balanced or off-weighted.  Your contrast on #3 could be a bit higher, and i'm not a huge fan of using black within a sprite as in #4.  Colour choices are ishy - except for in #4, the colour schemes are alot more pleasant in that one.

basically, you posted too much to critique in-depth all at once.  Thats probably why nobody has commented yet....a bit overwhelming.  All we can really say is that you've got some pretty good sprites on your hands.  good work.  And i'm getting the feeling that you probably wouldn't edit them either since they were all for old projects that fell through?  Either way, good stuff

-Dan

EDIT:  by the way, Hitler is definately my fav out of all of those  :)

Offline Veepa

• Not.
    • View Profile

Re: My Portfolio of Pixels

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:14:20 pm
I forget the name of the name of the chick I worked with on those sprites, I think I should stop including them in my portfolio since I didn't do it all by myself..  But, anyway, yeah...  I don't plan on working on any of that stuff anymore.  It's all pretty old and all the projects fell through.  I should come up with some new stuff to get critiqued, but I just don't have any ideas right now.
--------------------
~Nick J. Phillips