AuthorTopic: Can anyone please do some rough pixel art for a game?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline cubby208

• View Profile
Hello!  I am currently at a game programming camp.  We have a final project due next friday, and I am a bit worried.  I think my game that I planned will barely get finished by that time even if i tone it down a bit, so I was hoping someone could speed me up hours by doing some quick pixel art.  It doesn't need to be incredible or high quality just ok looking.

If you are interest keep reading and contact me at Kierumcak@gmail.com or here, however i will be checking deviant art less frequently.

The reason i am having to make my own is that the camp has a really really strict policy.  If it is not made by you, or given (by the artist) to you you can not use it.  Meaning I need you.  Keep in mind if you do this your name will be displayed at the beginning.

Now i have to be honest
1.  I have NOTHING i can pay you back with.  Unless you want something small done in after effects.
2.  This game may not work at all, I am not sure it will get completed...  Well i am about 75% sure it will.
3.  If it gets completed it won't be some big game on the internet, the only people who will see your art is me and family and friends.
4.  I am totally taking advantage of you talent.
5.  I will put in a drop screen at the beginning saying your name at the beginning so that people that do play know you are awesome!
6. I consider myself a nice and reasonable person.
7.  The art you make can be simple, like kindergarten simple.  If it looks like what its supposed to be its good!  Please if you spend more than 3 minutes on one image your probably taking WAYYYY too long!

So the project is to create some 2d sprites.  The game is basically a game where a wizard uses spells to get through a puzzling platformed and steal a Jewl.  The theme is slightly pixelated so the images should be around 64 x 64  and .png files however i really dont care if they are bigger or smaller.  I have 3 different types of objects needed.
1.  Wizard.  I do have concept drawings, however this project will have couple frames in it for animation they are.
a. Wizard Standing Still
b. Wizard Walking 1
c. Wizard Walking 2 (you can make more walking frames if you like)
d. Wizard Using wand.
e. Wizard in mid air after a jump
f. Wizard climbing a ladder 1 (dont draw the ladder)
g. Wizard climbing a ladder 2 (dont draw the ladder)
h. Wizard happy
i.  Wizard hit
j. Wizard Dead.
k. Wizard holding lamp
l. Wizard outline / slightly invisible
These images obviously need to be the same size, and if you only want to do some that is ok.  Again these are quick and dirty scotches, just enough to get me by.

I am still working on planning out my level design, but to cut down programming time, i have had to improvise by having my levels be made out of tiles.  I need someone to draw the textures if possible.  I have not finished planning this section but here are some i think i will need.
a. Stone floor
b. Stone Wall
c. Torch on wall
d. Water 1
e. Water 2
f. Dirt block
g. Pipe entrence down
h. Pipe enterence up
i. Pipe line (thin)
j. Pipe turn (thin)
k. Water drip (particle)
l.  Metal door with keypad
m. Button
n. Underwater
o. Ladder
These are terraria/minecraft style so you can use those for reference. 

And then their is the soldiers I just need
a. Standing
b. Walking 1
c. Walking 2
d. Noticed someone

And then for powers i need
a. Ice platform
b. Fire particle
c. Water spout particles
d.  Animation that you can put on a key to make it look like it is being magically floated
e. Key

I know its allot.  If you want to take on some, or take on all thats perfectly ok each one you do saves me time.

Again it is really unfair of me to ask this of you but if you could i would greatly appreciate it!  Also i am a music composer, photoshop artist, vfx artist maybe i can cook something up for you after I'm done with this project.  I could make you a great intro for a youtube channel or video.

If you are interested please contact me at Kierumcak@gmail.com i will try to check deviant art but I am new to it so that will be difficult.

Thankyou very much!