AuthorTopic: Zee shows Kree  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Zee shows Kree

on: August 01, 2006, 03:17:30 am
Alright, I need a bit of advice on these sprites, in terms of styles and methods. I'm going for a simple Sonic style character, makes on Chaos.

The last one is her running [minus shading], pay no mind to her shoulders and head, but I need attention on the legs, does it look like she's running?

Crits & Comments?

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Re: Zee shows Kree

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:29:55 am
no offense, but that portrait makes my eyes bleed. It looks like you just drew with the brush tool in MS Paint for the most part. The lineart is rough, the shading is unclean, and you use far too many colors. You need to go back and clean up the lines, and eliminate some colors (I recommend getting rid of one shade altogether and replacing others with dithering). The original sprite isn't bad, but in all of these try to make it more feminine, because right now it easily looks like it could be a dude (especially the protrait).

In the running animation the arms need a bit of work (especially her left arm). It looks ok for a start, but it needs quite a bit of work. The legs keep growing and shrinking, and the shape of the legs are too round in some frames (right leg is almost completely round, left leg a bit more realistic).

Basically, It's pretty obvious that you're new at this. Work a bit on the running animation, and really ork on the portrait.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:38:25 pm
Agreed. The first spirit is quite nice but the portrat really needs re-doing. also if you want it to be a female character your gonna have to add some more effeminate features, basically if a non-human spirit doesn't have boobs or some other really obviose (and usally cliquey) effeminate feature its going be considered a guy by the viewer.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:13:22 pm
I find the colours VERY boring try more Red/Grey and add some Red light spots(not to red).

And Im sure if you know AAing do some Default Grey by the black part.