AuthorTopic: Zombie With Boring Colors  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Zombie With Boring Colors

on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:23 am
Well, the sprite was inspired by GuiltyGear's Zappa.  I chose the average green for a zombie.  Keep in mind that Zappa doesn't have a similar sprite, and all I really used for reference was his back and deltoids.  I want to animate too but I've never animated before so I'm not sure if I can do it.

Fixed deltoid muscle?
< Not Final

Thanks to Alex Hanson-White...
I'm still going to edit this.

I couldn't tell if I made the arms right due to my computer's very small resolution.  The lines going down my monitor interfere with the look of the pixels.

C&C Appreciated...or maybe some color suggestions.

EDIT*
Zappa sprite for reference
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:28:28 am by Gnarf »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Zombie With Boring Colors

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 12:38:37 am
At the moment, your deltoid muscles look very large.
The deltoid muscles should be attached to the top of the scapula(or shoulder blade) and clavicle, surrounding the acromion, and go down and connect with the humerus.

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:49:37 am
Alright, I tried looking up the muscles on google for reference, but didn't get much to help me with the stance I'm using.

Here's an edit and thanks for the crits.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:10:48 am
hope its alright if i do an edit:

messed with the arm and back, and also toned down a green color.
Are you going to do anything to the legs? I notice that it says final in the main post, are you finished?

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:14 am
God, I envy you Alex!  That's so awesome and I love the glossy look!  I don't know about muscles all too well, but this definitely helps. I thought I was finished, but I guess not.  I really want mine to look like yours.  I'm going to try to get the same effect without copying it.  Where do you get that beige color from anyway?  It seems so random in relation to the green, yet it works so well. 

Also, is anything wrong with the legs?

EDIT*
I tried to make it similar without copying, just quickly editing it.  I understand the back muscles more than I used to to be honest.

I don't want to go too much into realism because I'm thinking of making him a KoS sprite which seem a lot more simpler than this.  Although, I'd love to keep working on him with these colors.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:34:25 am by Gnarf »

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:26:38 am
Zappa! No wonder I liked this so much  :D It's some really brilliant work.

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 04:08:22 pm
mashallah wallah everyday great improvement!
I really liked this piece the pose is uniqe and the shading is good!
beltowfeeq ya rajol  :)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 06:45:00 pm
pretty good edit there. You probably did the perspective of the back better than I did.
As for the legs, I was wondering because they look flat and unfinished. The opposite arm also look flat as well.
If you shaded them more like cyllinders they would look more 3 dimensional, you you may also want to show some key muscles much like the arm.
Also, check the alignment of the Humerus of the arm on the right(his left), at the moment, it looks like it is coming from out of his chest.

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 06:51:38 pm
I see what you mean with the legs.  They don't go together well with the rest of the body.  I'm not entirely sure how to fix the humerus, but I'm going to try to make it look right.  I also got some help from Tremulant, so I'll be editing this post with two updates in the mean time.  Thanks for C&C! Shukran!

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 04:31:48 am
Well, I fixed the leg but the details still a bit tasteless.  I've taken a while to update because I've been busy, but I'll work on it some more when I have the time.  Here's the update:

Thanks to Tremulant, I was able to fix up the right leg to be more proportional.