AuthorTopic: Female sci fi pilot  (Read 7002 times)

Offline loosin

• View Profile

Re: Female sci fi pilot

Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:13 pm
What exactly do you mean when you say "jumping?"
Is she jumping upwards? Is she jumping from (our) right to left?
And imho the pose looks a bit relaxed/passive (was this the desired effect?) almost as if she's falling (eg coming down from a vertical jump) or floating/suspended.. the action of the figure doesn't scream jumping so much as i've jumped recently
(sorry that last thought was convoluted i can clarify if necessary)

Also I'm having a hard time seeing how her legs attach to her body.. I guess it just doesn't look quite right to me. Think it just might need more definitive shading.

Offline hellotherekyle

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:13 am
I guess she's not jumping in the literal sense... That's just the closest thing I could think of to describe the pose. I mostly just wanted to make a dynamic pose, even if it's not something people would do normally, haha. Sorry for the confusion! I've made a few updates, any improvements or is it a step in the wrong direction?

Offline miro42

• View Profile
    • Floydian Theory

Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 02:12:21 am
Hello there, hellotherekyle.  Hah!

My first thought is that you need to work on anatomy in perspective.  There are some very severe issues with both the rear and front leg.  Here's a .gif that I just messed with.

First up is yours of course.

The second with the green arrow is actually the middle line of her stomach and the two points are her crotch creases.

The third is my sloppy edit.  I lengthened her front leg quite a bit.  It could probably even go further.  The rear leg is at such an awkward angle, especially for the lower leg to be coming down in a direct profile pose, so I threw that one into perspective as well.

The fourth edit is just me messing around.  From the way you had shaded originally the front leg could easily have been the back leg.

I hope that helps a bit.   ;D

Offline hellotherekyle

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:48 pm
Very helpful! I'll see if I can make some improvement soon.  Thank you!