AuthorTopic: [WIP] Tennis player -> Rafa+Roger  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Bromden

• View Profile

[WIP] Tennis player -> Rafa+Roger

on: July 24, 2014, 10:58:17 pm
So,

What started with an attempt at an emerald waistcoat has turned into this! I have mainly posted this for advice on how to better this guys drill like arms, and give him a little more "speed". what to put in his hands is undecided right now, but im sure I will get there eventually.

any C+C appreciated!

Offline AshCrimson

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tennis player -> Rafa+Roger

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:09:01 pm
I feel that the skin is too dark and the two shades are too similar to be distinguishable.

Offline Zia

• Pixel herding is hard work.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:16:32 pm
Is he meant to be running here? I think you should look into having more shading on the legs to indicate position. It's hard to tell where all the body parts are in relation to one another with the current flat colouration. Until AshCrimson mentioned it, I didn't even realize there were two skin tones at all - they really blend together!

You might also take a look at some references. People who are running tend to have their arms closer to their core, and their legs tend to bend a bit more at the knee and hip in their stride. Take a look at this:

Eriophora Zia

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:57:23 am
I feel that the skin is too dark and the two shades are too similar to be distinguishable.
How can you say that without him telling us which of the two he's supposed to be? ::)

Three quick tips :):

The left leg is too similar in size (and shade) to the right one for it to give perspective of a running motion.
The head is too big in relation to the rest of the body (a problem, this being a realistic portrait).
The arms are kind of small, and the left one (artist's perspective) is smaller than the right one even thought the right one is supposed to be farther away).