AuthorTopic: first post on this forum  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Shifty McSly

• the Master Thief
    • View Profile

first post on this forum

on: July 31, 2006, 01:34:56 pm
Hey everyone, I've had a look around these boards the last couple of days and finally decided to post something. Somebody (ptoing maybe?) said the c64 pallette was the best pallette of all time, so I decided to try it for this piece. I'm not really happy with it yet, and I have no idea what I'm doing with the colours, so any help would be appreciated. The body is also still wrong, he's supposed to have his right shoulder thrust forward, so his neck is twisted to the side but it just looks wrong without the right shading.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: first post on this forum

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 02:03:01 pm
I think the palette proves it's worth once again. Especially love the highlight under the eyelid.

The secondary lightsource on the jaw is probably a bit impossible unless you light all of his back in a blue wash. The highlights in the hair need to be unified by a bigger shaped highlight I think, maybe tone the smaller ones down a bit too.

This is on a good course, carry on before more critique occurs.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: first post on this forum

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:27:43 pm
Can anyone else not see the image?

EDIT: i looked at the page source and linked to the image directly.  I think its because its a bitmap that it didnt show up.  I would suggest saving as a .gif for a smaller file size.

This is looking really nice - The blue ambience will look really cool if you continue it all over, as helm suggested.  I am looking forward to seeing the hair done.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:33:10 pm by Feron »