AuthorTopic: [WIP] pixel people (and some scenery things) - looking for c+c  (Read 2430 times)

Offline sanso

• View Profile
hi! so recently i've been working on this project, and basically it's just lots of pixel people, of my ocs, or my friends ocs, or characters from games i/we play. these are the ones i've got done so far:

so yeah, i still need to shade and all of that... this is my first time pixelling people, usually i do pixel quilts or scenery
this was also done recently:

and i would like c+c on that too please
thanks in advance ^^

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile
Hi Sanso,

Welcome to Pixelation. Things go slowly sometimes, so don't worry too much if no one replies.
That bump was quite useful in bringing this back up though, so I'm two ways about it. I'd say a week without reply is about a good amount of time to bump, or if you have new content to show.
Edit: What Crow said then.

We'll start off with your contrast. In order to tell things apart we need a bit of colour variation. I've added some serious contrast all up in here. Mostly value changes, some hue, little bit of saturation:

I don't know how new you are to pixel art, but make sure you've read Cure's tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:33:04 pm by Ambivorous »
* may contain misinformation

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile
That bump was quite useful in bringing this back up though, so I'm two ways about it. I'd say a week without reply is about a good amount of time to bump, or if you have new content to show.

Rule of thumb: no bumps if it's still on page one. I have also informed sanso of that via PM.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery
When doing scenery, your very first thought should be layout.

This piece is quite weird in this respect: the moon hugs a corner, the landscape is made of 3 unconnected spires equally spaced and stuck to the bottom, the rest is lots of empty space.
It's quite possible that the starry sky was your main subject, but even then the landscape should be thoughtfully composed as a viewing guide to drive the eye to the intended focus. The stars might be set in a more interesting pattern, a Milky Way would help heaps.

I don't have time for a Milky Way so here's a Big Dipper instead ;)

Also you might check this great tuto!