AuthorTopic: Gas 13 stamp - WIP  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Gas 13 stamp - WIP

on: July 31, 2006, 03:39:20 am
'

The proportion on this is bugging me.  ATM i'm just messing around with shading, and the slightly lighter sections are where in my mind, the muscles will go.  I made the pallette and I am experimenting with different ramps. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: Gas 13 stamp - WIP

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 04:10:40 am
 Looks descent. The head's shading is pillow shaded. You should use more of an angle lighting or above light. Also make sure the skin tones have contrast. It looks like he's missing hands.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 04:21:17 am
He is missing hands.  I made it that way.  I cant do hands so they are gone.   

The pillow shading you refer to will not be in the final version.  I was using that to gauge how the pallette would work. 

ATM I am not using the full pallette for the skin. 

Decent :D
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 06:24:59 am
 Good luck with your stamp. It really looks good actually. I really like the design. Well, you didn't have to take my advice for that, but keep it going.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 07:55:42 am
Yeah.  Sorta update.  I made a hand.  In future it will hold a sword, or some other handled weapon.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:33:53 am
Alright.  I finally shaded this bugger.  If someone could fix the sword that would be cool.  And the colours on the sword are temporary.

Im not too happy with the pecs and abs.  No idea on how to shade them.  And the general shading on the arms is making my brain hurt.  I need a break from this.