AuthorTopic: Looking for Pixel Artist for a pre-alpha game  (Read 3781 times)

Offline DarKTower

• View Profile

Looking for Pixel Artist for a pre-alpha game

on: June 11, 2014, 11:16:29 pm
Hello, my name is Nicki, or DarKTower, and I am currently lead developer and programmer of a project I've been working on with some friends and associates of mine for about a month now. It's in the early phases, with several concepts still being ironed out, but we are in desperate need of some artwork so we can get the game out there and get public reactions and feedback. I also have several features that I need some artwork for before I can actually get them implemented.

I have been trying to get a pixel artist to do some work for me for awhile now, but several artists that I know have been... Well... Let's just say it's been ~3 weeks since I talked with one and I haven't seen a single piece of artwork. Work ethic is a problem for some I guess.

The art style we are going for is a type of 2D pixel art that is pretty "advanced" compared to regular "pixel art", I would say. Here's some screenshots of the style we like:

And another:

(Some of you may recognize this as Witchmarsh. It's a 2D co-op platformer RPG that's being developed by Inglenook, it looks incredibly fun. I recommend checking it out! Don't worry, we're not ripping off of them, we just really like their art style!)

If you are interested please send me an Email at nicki@janian.ca. From there I can go onto giving some information about what the game is about (It's early and it's a pretty new type of game idea, so I would rather give it privately).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:20:58 am by DarKTower »

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Re: Looking for Pixel Artist for a pre-alpha game

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:59:45 am
I would like to apply, though Im not certain if my skills are advanced enough for something like witchmarsch.
Also for wanting art like witchmarsch its unlikely you will find something for free, because it looks quite professional

Offline DarKTower

• View Profile

Re: Looking for Pixel Artist for a pre-alpha game

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:27 am
I would like to apply, though Im not certain if my skills are advanced enough for something like witchmarsch.
Also for wanting art like witchmarsch its unlikely you will find something for free, because it looks quite professional

Right now I am looking more for some "test" artwork, to get development started on some features that need artwork, rather than actual artwork that will be used in the final version of the game.