AuthorTopic: Looking for 2D Artist  (Read 2629 times)

Offline skiwan

• View Profile

Looking for 2D Artist

on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:12 pm
Hello.

Before i want to tell you about my request i will tell you something about me. If you just want to know what iam looking for scroll a little bit down.

Me
My Name is Merlin , aka skiwan and im a 18 years old young student who is interested in making some games. Im a little bit expierienced but i never finish a "bigger Project". Right now im working on a small game project. Im from germany but also understand english. The Project is non profit so i cant offer you a payment or anything like that. So for now, let us move on to the project Information.

The Game
In my little Game you controll a Stickfigure (or a simple character) in an arena. It has a sidescroll-perspective. Enemys will spawn and you have to fight them. After a specific amount of time and/or kills , more and stronger enemys will spawn. The goal of the game is to beat a certain amount of Enemys and then Fight against a Boss. After you defeated him the game is over. Maybe i will implement something like a sruvival or endless mod too. If you kill an enemy you will get Gold. If you die you can purchase upgrades for your hero to become stronger but you will start in the arena from the beginning.

What i have
Right now the "basic" stuff is finished. I have the Arena where different enemys spawn and try to attack you. I have a placeholder character with a simple animation wich also can attack. The Shop is also ready but need to be filled with upgrades (im not totaly sure what upgrades i want to implement). A menu is also finished but right now there is only a simple start button.

What i need
Now im looking for someone who can increase the look of the game.

I need:

6-15 different enemy sprites with walk and attack animation (1-2 attack animations)
1 character sprite with walk jump and attack animation (5 attack animations)
1 Menu layout/background
1 Shop layout with 10-15 upgrade Icons
1 Arena background

Maybe i will need:

more character sprites (character with different weapons)

What i can offer
Yeah all in all i can offer nothing  ;D :(
I dont have the money to pay you and i also dont think that the game will give me a real profit.
You can help me finishing the game and work on things like balancing and you can give me some ideas you have.
If you want i can also implement your name into the game if you wish.

the graphic style
Last i just want to tell what kind of graphics i would prefer.
To be honest for this project nearly everything is fine.
You can Pixel in whatever style you want. I would recommend to stick to something like stickmans because its easy and you will not have to invest a lot of time into making the sprites and animations for the game but if you want to make something "fancy" you can. There are no real limits at all.

How you can contact me

If you are interested there are a lot of ways to contact me. You can just post a reply to this topic or mail me at merlinsewina@web.de.

Right now i have no video made to show you what i have made so far but if you wish i will try to make one.

Greetings
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:24:49 pm by skiwan »

Offline PixelBunk

• View Profile

Re: Looking for 2D Artist

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:55 am
Hey man, my name is Max Allaway and i am from the US. I am pretty good with pixel art and have the time if you want to collaborate. I am also working on a 2D platformer at the moment too if your interested.