AuthorTopic: Practicing with a newer style  (Read 13473 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Practicing with a newer style

Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 10:26:40 pm

A self sprite based off my avatar.

This looks a lot better than the last one.

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 10:43:15 pm
He's got gorilla arms. You should really consider head-to-body ratio on this one too. It will make a ton of difference in how it comes across. His legs are much too short. No offense intended, but he really does have the proportions of donkey kong.

A key thing to keep in mind is that the arms, when outstretched to the side in T pose, should equal the height of the person from head to toe, from the tip of the fingers on one arm to the tip of the fingers on the other arm. Keep this in mind as you draw and pose your characters.
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 04:41:44 am
He's got gorilla arms. You should really consider head-to-body ratio on this one too. It will make a ton of difference in how it comes across. His legs are much too short. No offense intended, but he really does have the proportions of donkey kong.

A key thing to keep in mind is that the arms, when outstretched to the side in T pose, should equal the height of the person from head to toe, from the tip of the fingers on one arm to the tip of the fingers on the other arm. Keep this in mind as you draw and pose your characters.

I'll try to keep that in mind.  Legs were lengthened, and arms were shortened.

And another one I was working on.  He had short legs as well.