AuthorTopic: Young woman sprite  (Read 20088 times)

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Re: Young woman sprite

Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 07:49:53 pm
Alright well here is what I am ready to call a finished product, once again thank you so much for all your help

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:14:49 pm by thebombsauce »

Offline Imagician

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 08:08:09 pm
looks good, you really made some progress on this piece  :y:

one last pet peeve upon closer inspection (only indirectly mentioned yet) is that her "thigh gap" as it's infamously called nowadays doesn't move up or down as her body does.

try to take your learnings from this piece and apply it to your next ;) looking forward to see more.

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 11:05:36 pm
You should rotate the shoulders and hips.

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:29 pm
Or just fill in the thigh gap altogether. Just a pixel or two.

I just wanted to say that it's awesome that you rolled with all the critique and made according adjustments.

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:51 am
Alright I hadn't worked on this for awhile (been practicing drawing) but I started it back up. In the game I figure different body parts can take damage altering movement or accuracy drastically. I am making legs animations and have been working on a limp (a crawl would be the next phase, that's gonna be tough). I went through two revisions I made from a youtube reference that I scrapped since I wasn't proud of them. For this third one I just limped around a bit and thought of how it worked, I think its well on its way to being decent but I need some advice or help improving it. Thank You!

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:03 pm
You should study anatomy. She has 3 knees per leg right now, in every animation so far.

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 05:11:09 am
I'm willing to hear you out and you may very well be right. So for example this quick 3 frame loop I just made. Does it not have properly outlined anatomy (thigh, knee, shin, foot). Or are there problems with it? Can you point them out specifically?

Offline Imagician

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 08:46:11 am
As said above, it's hard to judge if a partial animation will look good in the final result (with all the other moving parts added), because even though it might look okay if animated separately, it might look strange or unfitting in ensemble with the other limbs. so creating the thing as a whole (maybe with feet and hands separated for starters, as in the Rayman example) would give a more judgeable picture.

what's the animation to become anyway? still the limp walk? currently it looks more like she's kicking away some cigarette butt or something ;). nevertheless, one thing that might look already strange (to me though, that is), is that the leg doesn't get shorter when lifting it, which it probably should, since it's being moved away from the viewer (because she's turned slightly looking towards us, and not fully sideways). so, now it looks more to me as if she's kicking halfway to the side, not straight back. also, I think she's lifting the leg to high, but that's once again better to tell if one can see the whole movement. ;)

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 04:35:38 pm
No the limp walk is the real thing I'm working on, the last one is just a quick leg bend mockup so I could hear anatomy complaints, so thank you for stating those. I'll try to finish the limp today and see what you think.

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:26 am
Alright this took a very long time, and obviously its not done but I think it has a lot of the important aspects of a limp within it, would love to hear critique.