AuthorTopic: Well-Known Heads (WIP)  (Read 1908 times)

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Well-Known Heads (WIP)

on: March 10, 2014, 08:28:35 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this community. I take some time to made it, most of the time i just look around all this fascinatin work uploaded  here. A little intro: Lautaro is my name, and im from LaPlata, Argentina, so pardon my english in time ::)

So this is some heads i been working recently, initially just started by hobby, but one day I thought: HEY, this heads will look really cool on a t-shirt n__n
The idea is to make them in a 3/4 perspective with a elevation angle so they look like an emblem or something. For that purpose I wana put the head upon some patch that had a vinculation with the PJ

The Joker is the first I did, and has pretty much the basics i was looking for: simplicity and impact. The patch never really works like i want, the first one was to big and had written JOKER too, like a mote under the head. But i decided that just the head should be the THING, adding some unpurpose thing just cause too much caos. I try some random forms and colors, for the idea behind the joker: Chaos. i dunno...im sure some day ill modified it

The batman was so easy to do and i really like how it ends after patch over patch that i think it would be the first ill transfer and take a walk to see the world n_n

And Vegeta...aaaaww, was a deligth to make and improve...in fact i spend more improving it that make the firsts clusters. But the patch is kind of plastic, just don fit in any way...I was trying to make a frame, like and old frame from the price of the Saiyas

Those are my concern for now, im working on the others so im gonna update now and then. I really would appreciate your feedback about any of my Tits (thats the name of the heads) thanks and cheers. Hope you like them n__n

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: Well-Known Heads (WIP)

Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:23 pm
The forum(s) has a special feature (mechanism): when you click on an image, it becomes twice as big.

That is why you can (and should) upload images in their original size: people can see them as big as they want to.

The places where you put the pixels make the faces look a bit messy.
For example, in the Batman head: why are there clear pixels in the middle of the shadow? (at the right of the head)

Other messy places are: Vegeta's "saiya-jin" blond hair,  and Piccolo's white turban.
In both drawings, the pixels should from lines that follow a flow or direction.

Also, the colors you use are a bit "basic". They are very saturated. They clash with each other, because they are too far apart.
(Although the colors of the splashes around the Joker drawing are good)
The backgrounds are not attractive to look at, since they are saturated colors. Especially the pure black one :ouch:, and the pure red one :blind:

I'm sorry if the feedback was harsh-- I tried to put it in simple words.
In any case: Bienvenido, y ánimo  :y:

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Re: Well-Known Heads (WIP)

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 12:43:28 am
Thanks for the tips. Looking the batman again i can see the randomly-placed pixels, and is the same in many of others too, probably is because i never thought the source of lighting. I ll be carefull from now on. until now i take a good look at the batman, so he is

i also add another color, more light, to intensify the rounded forehead...but for now i really suck in color matters, ill keep readding
the feedback help me a lot, really, dont be shy to be harsh, im just a rookie here x)
thanks again, ill keep working on these heads soon