AuthorTopic: All my pixel art :)  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Nyx

• View Profile

All my pixel art :)

on: February 27, 2014, 03:02:07 pm

C&C and improvements will be appreciated. Sorry, i didnt manage to embed the images  :'(.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:22:37 pm by PixelPiledriver »

Offline HumpRAWR

• View Profile

Re: All my pixel art :)

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:52:29 pm
The American flag is backwards on the invader post, btw. The glitchy look on that one is really cool, though.

The tail of your green t-rex looks like its flipping me the bird.

Offline Kosvid

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:01:48 pm
I really like the third one (the scene on the Moon) [Is the idea yours? It looks unlike your other works.], although it has lots of things to work on. Firstly, I don`t like the edging of the flag. I usually use the same colours as the ones near the edge, but a but darker (how much, depends on the brighness of the surface it touches). Then, the shadows are different (the ground under UFO says that the light source is on the right, the ground under the astronaut says it`s above), moreover, the flag has no shadows at all. I also like the minimalism, but your picture seems to lack something. At least don`t draw stars in one pixel - try to use "+"-form with the brightest pixel in the midle of four a bit darker ones. And try to add something - may be it will get the picture better. May be not. I don`t know.

I let others to say something about all the other pictures, because, as you can see, if I write about each one, my text post will be as big as yours with pictures.  :lol:

The only thing I want to ask: is that just a specific style in the first picture?  ::)

Offline Nyx

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:45:29 pm
In the first picture, it's just me using much less pixels and more zoomed in than i usually do. It's style seems different because its one colour (much more minmalistic) and the pixels seem more obvious. Thanks for the C&C, for the flag thing, i've posted it on a different website and i got the same response so i changed it, and ive now posted the wrong one  :-[. And the 3rd ones style seems different, because i had the most inspiration for it. Thanks again :)