AuthorTopic: Underwater fishy mockup  (Read 2765 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Underwater fishy mockup

on: July 22, 2006, 02:37:34 am
Started on this yesterday and like what I've got so far. I recently finished playing Super Mario World2: Yoshi's Island, so some stuff might look pretty similar(I really liked th use of black in the game).

Here's a quick tile sheet I made up if you wnat to see the tiles by themselves. I don't know if I got every single tile, but at most there should only be 1 or two tiles missing(I think there might be some small colour differences, too).

And also included is a quick swimming animation I made

yosh64

Re: Underwater fishy mockup

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 03:21:23 am
hey

Very nice work :D, and I must say I really like the dark/black interior, really brings out the colors or something :).

The only little thing that pointed out to me, is that some of the highlights (well on flat floor tiles) seem to poke out to far or something. Although I think it does look smooth enough, it's just something I thought to make note of.

Anyhows I think that's it for now.

cyas

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Underwater fishy mockup

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 07:11:35 am
Reminds me of E.V.O.: The Search for Eden.

I really like the expressions of the fish and the backgrounds "near" tiles (ie. the back of the cave wall and seaweed). However, the yellow walls just look ugly to me, and the far background doesn't look very underwaterish due to the orange. Some shafts of light might help to symbolize the underwaterness of it all. The desaturated orange makes me think the fish are in some kind of toxic water or something. I do like the yellow hilights on the back wall, though. There's something about the jellyfish that I don't like, but I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the lack of a definitive hilight.

Anyway, this is lookin' cool, and I would like to play a game like this.