AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1371742 times)

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #740 on: August 05, 2014, 09:33:27 pm

@Ambivorous: Thanks, nice progress on your value studies btw  :y:

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #741 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:56 pm

Cyan that horse stuff is really useful! Saved it to my drive so I'll have it when I need it.

Don't know how exact it is, not really far with reading through the whole bunch of things available and not 100% sure if my sources are completely thrustworty.
What's noted there might be outdated tomorrow - it's my own stand of knowledge and if I think of horses, there is not a lot I know so far.
So if you want to use it, keep that in mind.

20' sketches
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #742 on: August 06, 2014, 03:07:08 am
Thanks Ambi. I ended up just doing dirt swallowing it up as with the other elements, so that I could sort of have the same kind of flow. Good progress and dedication with the value studies.  :y: On the ball, you should make it so that it slows down when nearing the crest of the jump, and then speeds up as it nears the ground. As opposed to it being the same speed the whole time, as it appears to be now. Looks good though, I like the squash. :)

But yea, I finally finished it. :)
52 frames total... probably a bit excessive, but its technically 4 animations in one, so I guess 13 frames each isn't so bad.

View at 200% zoom
Day 9

Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Reply #743 on: August 06, 2014, 06:09:12 pm
Hopefully I'll be able to convert my value studies into normal thumbnail studies now!
I am significantly satisfied with the progress I have made (in only a month no less). Truly daily studies are the best way to learn.

Mm I see, Psylent; looking back I really could have made quite a difference with more carefully placed frames on that animation.
I should do more of them (animations).

Minor PROGRESS.

Clustered up Miro's little people.
* may contain misinformation

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #744 on: August 06, 2014, 10:30:22 pm
proportion study:

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Reply #745 on: August 07, 2014, 08:52:10 pm
The only thing I managed to do today was a minute edit of EvilEye's tree (paint bucket and selection tool only):

At least it made my art brain work a bit.

The reason for this is combined with why I will probably not be posting anything for the next three weeks or so. I'm going to Europe for a holiday tomorrow to spend all my money! Yay!
Taking my sketch pad with though, so I'll keep up with those at least.

Keep up the good work. See you in a few weeks.
* may contain misinformation

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #746 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:44 pm
quick horseheads, mainly tried to figure out what's changing to the bone.

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #747 on: August 08, 2014, 03:58:53 am
By the way, I've decided for the time being that Wednesday will be my day off so I don't get burnt out on this and keep having fun with this, which is after all the goal for me. So far having a goal of doing one small thing a day has inspired me to be more productive in the past couple of weeks than I ever have with this project. Though that's not saying much. :P

Today, I downsized the health icon from 64 x 64 to 32 x 32 and cleaned it up, so now its not as big as the character. lol.

Also made a quick credit card thing. The player will be able to load it with Purple Points at the carnival, much like the Silver Points in the fair on Chrono Trigger. For those of you who haven't played that, basically its just for fun bs things like carnival games or what have you rather than actual items to progress in the game, like weapons. I decided to make it a separate item that will go in the inventory rather than a money counter in the HUD, since this currency is useless outside the carnival.

View at 200% zoom
Day 10
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:05:46 am by PsylentKnight »
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #748 on: August 08, 2014, 08:55:14 pm
Disciples inspired demon

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #749 on: August 09, 2014, 04:38:22 am
Wasn't feeling so great today, so I just did a couple of quick enemy concept sketches. Bonus points if you know who they're based off of.

Day 11
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:26:41 pm by PsylentKnight »