AuthorTopic: Introducing Butt Pie  (Read 8803 times)

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Re: Introducing Butt Pie

Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 11:34:17 pm
All good points, and something I've thought about. I realize that being closer to the character creates more emotional attachment, but I find that I tend to enjoy 2D platformers more which have a camera that backs off just a little. I feel suffocated when the camera is right up in my face and I can't see for longer distances. Right now my resolution is 960 x 540, which renders the zoom to be 2x. The next step up would be 640x360, or 3x zoom. I find that to be a bit much. That was actually the first thing I tried... here's my first mockup:

I will continue to consider the smaller resolution... I do like certain things about it, such as what you mentioned about being able to read the emotions of the characters more clearly, and how much more manageable this would be.

I definitely agree about the heart icons. I will make those smaller for sure... I just threw those in there as an afterthought. Like I said, its just copy pasted clip art. I'm working on my own version as we speak.

EDIT:

Here's the heart. Its a little under 64x64, so its slightly smaller than the character. Might make it smaller. Not sure if I like the shine spots.

Ref:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:15:22 am by PsylentKnight »
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Re: Introducing Butt Pie

Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 02:49:28 am
I know its been a while but I didn't see any sense in starting a new thread.

I've grown to really dislike my palette lately so I decided to try out Dawnbringer's palette on my main character

I also kind of fixed his belly, which I've been meaning to do for a while. Might a bit much jiggle though so I may just nix the belly physics.

Original     New

DB's palette is actually shockingly similar to my own in many regards, at least for this particular piece.

Thoughts? 
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)