AuthorTopic: Bad Artist in need of criticism and correction  (Read 2974 times)

Offline DualShell

• View Profile

Bad Artist in need of criticism and correction

on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:54 pm
 :-[  I really want to make pixel art...I really do, but I am stuck as an actual artist. So I am in need of help on how I can become a better pixelator.

*I cant seem to put the picture up. So here's another link http://pixelswordstopper.deviantart.com/art/Croise-V1-425628902 *

Fixed yo link: copy the actual location of the image, not the DA page's (right click>copy image URL)  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:18:13 am by Facet »

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Bad Artist in need of criticism and correction

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 12:38:55 am
Well, if you want to learn how to draw people, you'll need to look at YouTube tutorials, websites and/or books that explain proper proportions, anatomy, drawing realistic and interesting poses, etc. A lot of people who get into pixel art, myself included, have the double challenge of trying to learn how to draw at the same time as dealing with the special challenges and restrictions of pixel art. It's like trying to learn how to sing in Japanese, without knowing the language. It would be easier to focus on one thing (e.g. just practice anatomy drawing on paper, or singing in your native language), but I guess it's more fun for some people to do both.

I think if you watch a few YouTube tutorials on drawing the human body, either realistically or stylistically, you will learn very fast and get a much better foundation than having someone on this forum explain the fundamentals.

As you learn more, it's easier to come back and ask for specific things, like "how can I improve his hands" or "how do I add shadows to a face without a nose"  ;D

Offline DualShell

• View Profile

Re: Bad Artist in need of criticism and correction

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:42 am
OK, well I'll be off in my internet journy's again  :hehe: