AuthorTopic: Red-Haired Character Critique  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Knick1225

• View Profile

Red-Haired Character Critique

on: October 09, 2013, 01:25:49 am
Please critique my character, I am pretty new to pixel art and I am really unsure of my skills so any criticism would be greatly appreciated. Whether it is a critique of the colors, the line work or the anatomy anything, I want to be able to improve. Thank you for your help :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:33:39 am by PixelPiledriver »

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Re: Red-Haired Character Critique

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:51:58 pm
Looks to be leaning against a wall rather than standing.

Offline VinceBetteridge

• View Profile
    • Vince's Blog

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 02:50:11 pm
The hair is confusing. If you are going for a messed up hair look try going for ordered chaos.(I am thinking of the characters of DBZ for some reason.) The leaning problem is definitely there. The problem is more in the weight distribution. It doesn't need much tweaking and you could possibly adjust one of the legs to make it look correct. The green eyes are very subdued next to the reds and purples. I am not sure this was your intention.

Offline Knick1225

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:00:25 pm

I decided to change up the style I was going for, I didn't want my characters to be copies of Paul Robertsons sprites though I do love his art. I changed him to also fix up any body proportions that were wrong with the first as well as any problems people said they had with the hair (and the hair really didn't make sense anyways) Now the hair looks like it has a more natural flow to it, and I like it better. Any critiques would still be appreciated. :) Sorry it took so long.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:25:13 pm by Crow »