AuthorTopic: the pink umbrella man  (Read 5588 times)

Offline artisan

• View Profile

the pink umbrella man

on: July 11, 2006, 10:15:40 am
im at a loss of what to call him.. he has turned out verry much like willy wonka though :|.
here us what i have made:

(edit by snader was allot of help to me)

above is where i am at the moment i need help on how to shade that hill atm... any comments or crits?
"Im the BATMAN" - the riddler

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Re: the pink umbrella man

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:37:54 am
This remember me "charlie and the factory of chocolate" XD

I like the colours in the backgrounds etc.. but the colors of the craracter mm i think you need change. And the shadow of the umbrela nots view very well why the color of the background.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18:28 pm
That is lovely (though I personally like the rightmost abstract blobby style from the first pic)

Hahahhaaaaa, I just noticed his fingers moving. That's magnificent!

Random suggestion for candy cane: make the whites whiter, the brights brighter ^_^, and maybe add a sorta thick black outline, and it will look like perfect cartoony foreground scenery.

That shading on the hat looks like something I would do, which means it can be a lot better and more realistic ;) (the shape of the shadow seems random, I mean).

No other crits save for animation, but you probably already know that it doesn't look extremely smooth or natural (look at real cloth billowing, the bottom of the coat should whip out after the rest of it, in a rippleish motion)

Fresh out of ideas for shading the hill =( I can see why you're stumped (I would keep to your simple shading style, tho)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:24:02 pm
the finger rolling animation is ace.

Offline IoIXoX

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:18:38 pm
looks like the hill from the movie with the dead bride ( forget the name of the movie ).

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:47:08 pm
The Corpse Bride, maybe?

It took me a long time to see what the fingers were doing at 1x. I thought the whole hand was roatating wierdly. There's something wierd about the animation, but I can't put my cursor on it... Either way, this is good.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 02:30:17 am
It looks wierd because parts of him don't move =)

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 04:31:53 am
It took me a long time to see what the fingers were doing at 1x. I thought the whole hand was roatating wierdly. There's something wierd about the animation, but I can't put my cursor on it... Either way, this is good.

I think it's sorta weird because it looks like the lighting is flickering at the top of his clothes...but elsewhere is static. And the cape is very rigid, I suggest making it a little more flowing.

I also agree about the fingers because when all fingers are curved downward there isn't any indication of fingers, and then they roll up and it does make it look like it's rotating.

so yes...looking pretty good.

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 05:07:44 pm
ok i have changed the candy stick, plus i have changed how his coat moves in the wind but i cant figure out how to make the other side of the coat move :/ i also need sugestions on how to shade the hill still:

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 11:40:21 am
ok i have done the other side of the coat i dont know if i like the movement, ill try maybe the side folding back as MoD on PJ suggested.. anyways what do you think... any other ideas?

(edit)
OR

edit: :S oops sorry for double post i clicked reply at the top didnt notice.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 12:51:29 pm by artisan »