AuthorTopic: Bruce Lee Portrait  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Bruce Lee Portrait

on: August 19, 2013, 05:56:40 am

I haven't done any pixels in way too long so I was fiddling around the other evening. I was using arne's palette I think. Just trying to keep the colors low, dimensions small, and still try to convey a personality in a recognizable fashion. 

What would you do differently?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Zintendo

• View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee Portrait

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:54:10 pm
he looks mexican.  big eyebrows, the shading looks like a 'stache, his eyes are wide open, nothing really tells me he is bruce lee, more like pedro haha

no but in all seriousness if you freehand traced it, try to see if it's logically, dimensionally correct with a photo overlay, that's what I would do.

I'm not one for giving advice, being a pixel noob and all.  Take it with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:07:26 pm by Zintendo »

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee Portrait

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:40:30 am
-->

used this as reference.
I think there are more interesting shapes in his face that you could highlight. What I would do differently is use less arbitrary restrictions like omitting AA and only using certain angles or palettes, and instead focus on filling the space with more cluster- and shape-interaction.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:49:01 am by Cure »