AuthorTopic: Thanewdude's sprites and more!  (Read 10366 times)

Offline Thanewdude07

• Yu Yu Hakusho fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt-Thanewdude07 sprite art

Re: Thanewdude's sprites and more!

Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 06:32:57 pm
Thanks you are absolutely right. :'(

Anatomy has always been one of my main problems. When I started out pixel art I always worked on fighting game sprites. Mostly smaller ones. So my sense of anatomy is pretty off cause of that. I have been looking around on here...There are a lot of talented pixel artist here which is why i joined this site in the first place.

OK I will slow down and fix the stuff you guys correct me on. After i finish this animation i got started on and I got a few requested sprites from a few of my followers.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 10:19:59 pm
I think anatomy isn't that important for the first step. Even if your sprite would be better with anatomy it would still look boring.
I think the weakest part of your character is the pose. The pose doesn't tell us anything about the character and the skull looks more like pasted in and not as an integral part of the character.

The idea is to find or design a pose which supports the character and it's attributes to it's advantage. This is exactly where my edit comes in play.

I'd recommend to do 10 minutes a lot of quick sketches on paper first with ~20 different poses (each shouldn't take longer than 30 seconds)
After that you pick the best one and work on it digitally (after that you should come pretty quick to a result which only needs a lot of polishing to look ok)

even if you don't like how the charakter comes out at a certain step you can easily redo it or pick another pose from your design paper sheet.
The idea is to find an workflow which improves your drawing step by step. To change some details is fairly easy, to change the basics takes waaaaaay longer.

Next to this I would second to work on proportions, forms and lighting. Especially if you compare your work to the anime and fighting game sprites you use as reference you will find some pretty obvious differencies.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Thanewdude07

• Yu Yu Hakusho fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt-Thanewdude07 sprite art

Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:24 am
Bump :'(

Hello everyone just a quick update as why i went poof... ;D

I was in a car accident and my laptop got messed and life happen the end

But recently I have been making my come back so i thought i would get back to where i was trying to head in my art. :y:

I was trying to do original animations and stuff so i have been trying to pick back up on that.

here is some of my recent original stuff.

I got commissioned to do some dbz rpg stuff so here is goku

Before the car accident i was working on a animation for the black mage chick she is suppose to be casting a spell and and her hair and cape were going to be blowing in the wind and what not. Along with the skull  floating around and its eyes glowing.

I got some more stuff to show but I will add that bit later thanks for all the tips i know its been months but it did help me.. ::)