AuthorTopic: Gantz Kuruno - Fighting Style  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Javy

• Look over there-->
    • View Profile
    • Myspace

Gantz Kuruno - Fighting Style

on: July 07, 2006, 02:51:48 am
Edit:1
Click here to view my working page, very big

This is my first sprite in a long, long time. Its not really done right now but I figured I'd go ahead and post what I have already. In my working page that I linked are the steps I took and some references I used. This is also my first shot at making a sprite in a fighting game style. Well there you have it.
c&c please
rip it to shreds  ;D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 06:12:44 am by Javy »

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Re: Gantz Kuruno - Fighting Style

Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:30:22 am
Scorps, Scorps, Scorps  ;)

Ah yes, using previous sprites as reference was a good idea. The overall piece is very nice, could do with a tad of detail in places, but it looks very nicely done.
As said, you should experiment with the face, have several different 'head' sprites as it were with different expressions.
Looks a nice pose, but you may want to bulk the hand up a tad.

Offline Javy

• Look over there-->
    • View Profile
    • Myspace

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 06:12:13 am
Heres an update:

Messed with his hands and face, I can't figure out where to put the light source atm. Anyway, while looking at the Manga for reference, I see that when shaded. The suits give off a glossy looking highlight. Anyway the green is to point out where I'm planning on throwing in some of this glossy goodyness. Thing is I have no clue how to do this. I'm thinking pillow shading?  :'(

PS: Scorps :D

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 08:23:07 pm
Looking good. Now, by complete chance, I watched the first four episodes of Gantz today.  :o
So, The suits looking good, the gun holder thing (forgot what they are called) seem correct, I would just suggest uping the contrast, as the suit look very dark, and the material it's made from is quite reflective.
Overall - making good progress.

PS - Dug out some Scorp Graphics in some backup discs..  :D

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 03:55:25 pm
Cool sprite, Its hard to comment on, it seems quite well drafted to me...
one thing I could comment on is his character, like his attitude and acting, I guess he's a 'good guy', but he seems like a pushover. Maybe its his stance, he seems quite rigid and nervous, ecspecially his lower body and legs. Maybe its the way his legs come out of his hips: perfectly level with the view, perhaps you could rotate his hips just a bit to add more realism. The pose seems like its in the middle of a movement like shifting his weight from one leg to the other or something I guess
just some thoughts, actually here's an edit to illustrate my point, I hope you don't mind, it was a blast