AuthorTopic: Restoring the former glory of Pixelation!  (Read 25081 times)

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Restoring the former glory of Pixelation!

Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 05:42:35 am
I'm sure we could crowd source the skin design if lack of time is an issue..
Would it be possible to add the skin in it's current state to the forums as a beta-skin you can select in settings?

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 07:18:28 am
Would it be possible to add the skin in it's current state to the forums as a beta-skin you can select in settings?

Nope.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 11:10:26 pm
I might just be looking for an excuse to revamp pokemon red/blue.

My god, I was thinking Pokemon Red/Blue when I read that last sentence of your first paragraph.

I could start work on a pokemon commercial critique if you think there is enough interest.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:41 am
The only way to get things moving is to do stuff, not deliberate it! Make the cc and if it flies, it flies, if it flops, it flops   :y::yell:

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 07:44:13 am
I could start work on a pokemon commercial critique if you think there is enough interest.

Yes please. That's the game that got me started pixelling. Custom Pokemon sprites are already 50% of all pixel art on the Internet so I'm sure the interest is there.

I wouldn't mind editing Blaine into something intelligible either.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 07:54:46 am
The only way to get things moving is to do stuff, not deliberate it! Make the cc and if it flies, it flies, if it flops, it flops   :y::yell:

Will do, boss! Also doing some video recordings of me remodeling the pokecenter C: full of minutes struggling with pixel clusters and readability while trying to hold charm, representation, and honor of the source material.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 07:58:46 am
I'm pretty sure "junkboy's demake dump" (http://www.wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=10694.msg113560#msg113560) had drawn significant amount of visitors here. Of course, wotp's motto may not be to turn into a gallery, but some extra visibility wouldn't hurt, right ?

Maybe we could pick some of our favourite threads/posts (that is, those we admire, not necessarily those we're proud of) and promote them on our blogs/twitters/social network ... a #wayofthepixel friday evening, anyone ?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 08:39:06 am
PypeBros: I think utilizing social media would be great, for things such as commercial critique and activities, and just in general; no reason not to keep up with the times!

I've made a first draft of the pokemon commercial critique thread here in general discussion will work on the activity thread soon.

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 03:04:59 pm
I was briefly thinking of doing a Pokémon (R/B) hack now when I have developed a tool for GB stuff. The original sprites were a bit quirky, but they actually kind of fixed them in later versions, and there are tons of hacks for Pokémon already, so I just dropped the thought.

I think the Commercial Critiques(/praise) are interesting and they're probably easy to post and manage for the organizer as well (s/he can just post a title and some links to screenshots periodically).

A larger community project has awkward quality control authority problems and has to face eventually failing/awol components. Otherwise, I think it would be fun to do a community game project since graphical tasks can often be parallized and eventually synchronized (moreso than programming stuff at least).

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 04:29:07 pm
If we're making a community built hack for Pokemon R/B, then I'd be fine with any of the old pixel gurus here making the decision on what would go into the game and what wouldn't.