AuthorTopic: [wip] Xbox Buttons  (Read 4444 times)

Offline eots

• View Profile

[wip] Xbox Buttons

on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:49 am
Hello! Id like some comments on these buttons:

And as iv said earlier your welcome to use these as you like!

Offline japie81

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Xbox Buttons

Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:24:18 pm
I think the outlines, especially that of the large circular button, look a bit edgy, and would probably benefit from some AA.
Besides that i think they look great. I don't really have much else to say about them. Keep up the good work

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:06 pm
The trigger is heavily pillow shaded.

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:42:04 pm
I think you need to show more context on the trigger, too, as it took me Mr. Fahrenheit's post to understand what it represented. I frankly thought it was a blanket in front of another blanket.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline eots

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:07:11 am
Thanks guys!

The trigger is like the black sheep and I have no clear ide on how to make it work on its own.... In my game you shoot bullets with the right trigger and Ill probably end up doing a pixelated text saying "Right Trigger" instead. The only reference I have is my own gamepad and I refuse to look at how others have solved this... Feels like Im making excuses but I should probably have said this in the topic start.

About the AA of the edges, all the buttons are going to be more or less like icons and needs to have a transparent background and if I make them AAed wouldn´t I need another color to blend of with and by that give them an edge of that color?

Semi transparent black maybe... but that probably means that I have to put a mask of some other bitmap over it in the game...

Hope someone know...

Edit: Did a quick version of the right trigger-text I talked about, below the buttons in this mock:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:37:33 am by eots »

Offline eots

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:26:37 am
Hello again! Just like to tell you guys that my game is now available at xbox marketplace!

Downloading a free trial is... free, so if anyone likes to see how i used this artwork feel free to do so. :)

The game is called DoCoNoid and its labeled under Indie.

Edit: a review: http://youtu.be/fMxNaWxUjZk
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:38:28 pm by eots »