AuthorTopic: [wip] Huntress Wizard  (Read 5195 times)

Offline protectrix

• View Profile

[wip] Huntress Wizard

on: March 22, 2013, 07:25:47 pm
Hi! I'm new here, and pretty new to pixel art in general. I'm more experienced in other mediums but I've just been trying this out for fun, I find it really controlled and calming.

Working on this picture of an Adventure Time character right now:

The tree/island clearly have a long way to go in cleanup and details :P I'd really appreciate any critique though, especially on the grass- I'm having trouble figuring out the shape and direction it should grow in. (And do you guys think the island is too small/looks like it can't support the tree?) General comments on technique/drawing would be great too!

Thanks for reading!

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Re: [wip] Huntress Wizard

Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:55:30 pm
Hey!

First off I don't think the size of the island is a problem, since floating islands and everything in the picture overall is kind of unrealistic =)

I did something similar just a while ago.

I figured you could use it as a reference when you'r making the island grass and rocks. Obviously it's a bit smaller than your picture but hopefully it can help some!

Let's get on to your picture.

I think the trunk looks really good and interesting. The foliage looks a bit boring compared. Also the grass is a bit too high saturated and you can ditch a lot of colours and get more solid patches of light and shadow. The sunchair's AA is a bit weird and I think it would help you a lot of you just had a straight line of pixels (1,1,1,1,1) intead of the 1,2,1,2,1,2.

Good luck!

/coffee