AuthorTopic: helicopter :D [WIP]NEED ALOT OF HELP ON THIS ONE  (Read 5049 times)

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

helicopter :D [WIP]NEED ALOT OF HELP ON THIS ONE

on: March 15, 2013, 12:17:23 am
Ok so I started making a top down helicopter with 4 sprites but its not showing any details tbh and since its kind of big I cant focus on making it good any help is appreciated <3

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: helicopter :D [WIP]NEED ALOT OF HELP ON THIS ONE

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:04:36 am
If it's too big, can't you make it smaller? Or does it need to be this big for some reason? Are you using these for a game?

I'd also like to point out that the bottom 2 helicopter directions (up/down) are in an entirely different perspective than the first two. (left/right-facing) Instead of being seen at an angle, like the first two, showing both part of the side and the top; they're being seen completely from a bird's eye view. You'll realize these won't work together well in a game. I'm afraid this means you're going to have to do some redrawing depending on which perspective you actually want.

When you get to lighting & shading, you should think more carefully about where the light is coming from too. The random stripes you have right now are doing nothing to communicate the lighting.

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Re: helicopter :D [WIP]NEED ALOT OF HELP ON THIS ONE

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:53:46 pm
as for the size nope it needs to be that exact size for a game maybe even longer but yah and as for the shading I know it kind of stinks since its kind of big and i wasnt used to shade large objects :P ill try to fix it and repost brb