AuthorTopic: Animation challenge  (Read 23224 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Animation challenge

Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 01:44:08 pm
Heh, was doing exactly a 48X48 walk/run-cycle when I found this. Not posting it here as it's got nothing to do with this.

Thought I'd tag along for the heck of it. I've been doing standard walkcycles now in 3d for 4 weeks, so I'll do something more dynamic.

Struttin' on the way to tha disco. DUN dun dun DUN dun dun....

Whipped out in five minutes, busy with other things right now. It is actually 14 frames but the only difference are the tilt direction on the head at the start. Could have just left it out, but it adds a little extra to it. *shrug*

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 12:49:16 am
Thats better than I thought it would look.  Im actually quite happy with it. 

@snake I like the shoulder roll :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:55:44 am by Sohashu »
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 09:25:06 am
When is the next challenge?
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 10:59:53 pm
I'll try to set on up by tomorrow, I guess.  There's still some people I was hoping to see from, like Trem.  And Camus, I'd think this would be right up his alley...

Remember, if you have any suggestions for the next challenge, just send me a PM or something... I'm still undecided on what to do.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 11:46:09 pm

come on Darien.....dont you know me? I'm always the one to make the last minute entry or none at all........even in the WayFw contests when a job  depended on it.

I just have to see the whole spectrum of the entries to see how I will stand amongst them before I post the entry

I dont get why you all asociate duplicitous with sneaky, I've always suspected about the showoffs, hence the laid back exagerated walk :p

You know, like he's trying TOO hard to look a certain way while he walks, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING SHOWOFF?

funny how I had almost the same idea as snake, I wonder what his would've looked like with more time......and Adam just went bonkers on this one, duplicitous is supposed to, you know, make you doubt, have two ways of posibly seeing it...but I think no one in their right mind would get within 10 meters of the psycho Adam dreamed up :p
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:05:13 am by Conceit »

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 12:39:31 am
I like the idea of silhouettes because we can whip through them very fast. It also tests animation skill more than pixelling ability (coloring, rendering, etc). How about a morph between two objects, and you name the two objects for us? Or it could be vague like a morph from something sweet to something nasty.

- Adam

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:39 am
conceit, its suppose to be 8 frames MAX, not 11.
regardless, it looks nice and jiggly. very organic.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 12:50:01 am
oops...didnt read that part...got carried away, as usual  ::)

something can be arranged, though.

I disagree with adam...I think the best part of this challenge was the idea of potrayting an emotion, or a concept trough animation.

I'd suggest something like.....make a XXX pixels big and XXX frames long animation about say........buoyancy

EDIT: KON, you do know this is camus, right? ;) thanks for the compliment....I'm a little disappointed because I wanted this to look a bit more agressive though
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:54:12 am by Conceit »

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 09:32:51 am
The thing about the silhouette is it's accessible for people who normally don't give a try at animation because they are scared of the many frames they have to clean up and pixel (but I figured that that's not necessary since the animation will forgive small pixelling mistakes). Only the shapes, movement and character of the animation count. And that's interesting.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 07:06:44 pm

It's too defined and only four frames but I decided to post it anyways, mainly because it's the first time I do a silhouette animation. (sadly) Took me around 30 minutes and it needs some cleaning up.