AuthorTopic: (WIP) Lamppost.  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Neo Berserker

• View Profile

(WIP) Lamppost.

on: January 17, 2013, 03:03:34 am
Hello guys, recently i started making a lamppost, I used some images of real old stylish lampposts as reference, this is what i've managed to make. I know colors need some improvement but my main concern here is the shading and the light coming from the lamppost.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: (WIP) Lamppost.

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:15 am
Is the lamppost out in the daytime or in the evening?

In nighttime, there would be no source of light to make the upper part of it have that shine.

Also, I think the light inside would be strong enough not to leave any shadowy places. Even if that would be the case with a domestic candle, the lamppost has to be bright enough to illuminate the street floors, right? So it would be strong enough not to leave such strong shadows in the glassy thing  :lol:

A strong shadow would be cast, instead, in the pole, right under the upper part. It probably would be either very long, or completely encompass the whole pole. That's because the only near light source, the "bulb", is blocked by "the bulb"'s base.  :P

Unless, of course, there are other lampposts close by, in which case their light would fall on the pole.

Aside from the lightning, the texture needs some work, and the base would probably look better without those lines (the sections could have different shadings, instead)

Hope I was of help  :)

Offline Neo Berserker

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) Lamppost.

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:06 pm
Thanks lots YellowLime for your response. I decided to go with 2 lammpposts, one on evening time and the other on night time, I tried to improve overall looking but im having trouble with the light coming from the bulb, i cant figure out how to portrait that.

Evening.

Night.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:51:45 pm by Neo Berserker »