AuthorTopic: Space Shooter Ship [C+C] [WIP]  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Siapran

• View Profile

Space Shooter Ship [C+C] [WIP]

on: January 13, 2013, 02:47:23 pm
Hello there!
I am currently working as the main artist for a space shooter project, and I produced these sprites for the player ship.

[Turret goes on the marker on each ship]

Critique is essential to the progress of a sprite, so I came here to fetch some.
Anything helps. Absolutely anything.
Thank you for reading.

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Re: Space Shooter Ship [C+C] [WIP]

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:29 pm
Do you have the thrust animated? I'm not sure sure about it. It feels like a candle light. I think it should be more "afterburner" like.

Talking here specifically about shape, not color.

Beside that, I like the shape you designed, and especially your color choices.

Offline Siapran

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:35:53 pm
I was going to make a huge animation but I guess an afterburner like that would effectively make it neater and easier to make (perhaps a 2-frame animation on the afterburners?)

thanks for the suggestion

Offline questseeker

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 08:33:02 pm
  • The turret is large enough to require banked frames; do you really need both a rotating turret and banking? How many turret orientations do you plan to draw?
  • The right-banked frame has very strange lighting: the wings appear hollow (raised front edge) and the flat part that bears the turret appears larger (it's the turret shadow, and it's inordinately larger).
  • I second the suggestion to animate exhaust jets; consider variants with different power levels, including off. Why is the center thruster so big?