AuthorTopic: $2300 contest for 3 background game designs!!  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Cjs1988

• View Profile

$2300 contest for 3 background game designs!!

on: January 07, 2013, 11:46:08 am
Hey everyone,

Im developing a new fame for iPad, and I need someone to design 3 levels for the game. Details are all included in the link below. Enter the contest and give it your all! Most of the people on that site are just people that use clip art and crappy flash designs. I need real talent! I need pixel artists! Work with me. Pixel artists will get a bump to the top of the contest for the prize money. Worst case scenario, you've added awesomeness to your portfolio. Best case, win the contest (not many people entered) and get even more work when the contest finishes!

https://99designs.com/mobile-app-design/contests/create-winning-mobile-app-design-186597/brief

Thank you and best regards.
Casey

https://99designs.com/mobile-app-design/contests/create-winning-mobile-app-design-186597/brief

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Re: $2300 contest for 3 background game designs!!

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:59 pm
This isn't really a job offer..  But I'm genuinely curious why not just pay someone whose work you already like instead of setting it up as a contest? 

Seems like a very round-about way of getting nowhere, especially with even just seeing the brief being behind an account sign-up page. I can't imagine anyone actually doing all that work for the 'chance' of maybe getting paid (it includes sprites, so basically all assets I guess). 

If you want options, studios often require small art tests, but they are rarely more than a couple hours work, not the entire game, and normally you'd only invite them to do that if you were already interested in working with them, minimising wasted time - much more respectful!

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel

Re: $2300 contest for 3 background game designs!!

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:20 pm
Yes, crowdsourcing is bad.
You won't find any serious artist that wants to work for real and "maybe" be paid.
About not being paid and putting it on our portfolio, you can't possibly be sincere about that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:33:18 pm by tim »
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer