AuthorTopic: [PAID] 2d background tileset (beat them all...)  (Read 4131 times)

Offline gwenael

• View Profile

[PAID] 2d background tileset (beat them all...)

on: January 28, 2013, 06:09:28 pm
Hello there,

I cofounded WM, small USA company that started as a homebrew game maker. We released Pier Solar with on Sega Genesis/MegaDrive in 2010 (yes!). The cool thing is that we are making pixel art games within original pixel art limitations as our game could run on old platforms as well. I think that's very rewarding because specs are legit and we always try to push the hardware to the max.

-------------------

We are looking for a talented pixel-artist to design 2D backgrounds for two projects:

- One project is post appocalyptic cyberpunk beat them all ("Street of rage 3", "Final Fight" (arcade).
- Another one is a top-view mecha game (perspective similar to "king of the monsters" with a more dramatic/war mood).

Please google for the game names to get an idea.

-------------------

High quality pixel art, which fits a as small as possible amount of tiles.

Technical details are: 512tiles per background set.
One tile is 8*8px. H/V flip possible.
One tile can hold 15 colors + transparency. Two palettes of 15 colors available.
Between 10 and 30 unique tileset to design per project.

-------------------

If any interest, you can send resume and reference work (pixel art 2d background) at careers at watermelon - corp dot com

Thanks for your time, feel free to ask questions here, I'll try to answer asap.

PS: We are also hiring in other positions (programmers, motions artists, ...), feel free to review the list http://www.watermelon-corp.com/data/careers_memo.pdf.

Gwenael

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: [PAID] 2d background tileset (beat them all...)

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:47:14 pm
What happened to the guys you made Pier Solar with? Did you disband after it and such? They seemed to be good enough...

Offline gwenael

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:30 am
What happened to the guys you made Pier Solar with? Did you disband after it and such? They seemed to be good enough...

We got a few projects going on! And the demand in professional quality pixel art greatly increased.
I was one of the pixel artist in piersolar.

Offline Novally

• Starving Spriter
    • View Profile
    • My gallery

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:45:06 am
 Hello, I am Novally,. I'm 18 years old and have been making pixel art since I was about 14. I am currently attending college, majoring in Criminal Justice. I want to offer my services.
I have sprited for two small projects (I have the sprites in my deviant art page, but not the link to the actual projects.)

My Gallery:
http://novally.deviantart.com

I found the link to one of the projects. I did Health Bars for a fighting engine called Mugen for someone who was creating their own fighting game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFMgkIuiwhY
Please message me if you're looking to hire a sprite artist!