AuthorTopic: [WIP] Adventure Time: Marceline  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Kingy

• View Profile

[WIP] Adventure Time: Marceline

on: December 19, 2012, 03:00:55 am
Hey, I'm doing this pixel of Marceline from adventure time, but something just seems up with it. Any advice/critisism/help?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:06:08 am by Kingy »

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Re: [WIP] Adventure Time: Marceline

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:43:33 am
I think part of the problem may be that you can't tell where to go with it stylistically. The proportions and such in AT are very noodle-y, but it looks like you're trying to go more for realism. If that's the case, there's a few anatomy issues to address, namely the arms and face. It would be better to hold off on the level of detail you have until you can block those in better (I don't really have an extensive enough knowledge on this area for an edit)

Another thing to think about is the pose. What are you trying to express with this? If she's going to play her axe, she should be holding closer to where she would be strumming it. Her expression seems bored though, which makes the pose even more confusing. She definitely doesn't look comfortable holding the axe. Also, from her legs, it seems like she's floating off to the right, but she's turned to the left. Without a more concrete expression it seems a bit awkward. Are you using any specific reference?
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline Kingy

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Adventure Time: Marceline

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:56 pm
Yeah I thought I'd go for a more realistic expression of AT, but it's kinda gone a bit awkward as I'm not the best on posing/anatomy.

How about just cutting off half the image and leaving it as this?

or, get rid of the bass/axe

EDIT:

Yet another edit:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:07:29 pm by Kingy »