AuthorTopic: Godhand  (Read 7671 times)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: Godhand

Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:51:55 am
Adam: Well, now it just looks very cliche. Have you ever played Zone of the Enders? An aura surrounds the main character when he is flying and what not, showing the force of his movement; that is what I was trying to imitate. You may be interpriting the shape wrong, which is more understandble.

Adarias: ... Dude ... play Einhander. It doesn't thrive on pallete variation and clear visuals. All shmups aren't bright and punchy.

Turbo: Looks fine, to me. :-\

I've tried lightening the ships, but i'm not satisfied with the outcome. This is a mockup which is not really intended to mock; its just art. I don't intend to make it a video game from it. I'm taking this in my own artistic direction, whether or not a bullet wont "catch your eye" or a bullet "doesn't look evil." I wanted something dark and shadow-like (similiar to Einhander), despite how it would affect the player, because he/she wouldn't exist.
@darionmccoy

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 01:12:18 am
i guess i should rephrase now that i know your intentions : art intended to be viewed by others is communication, and good communication, realistic or abstract, is clear.  even if the statement it is communicating is that it is unclear, it should be clear to the viewer that the porpose is to not be clear, thereby successfully communicating.   this is forgotten by a huge number of artists, who then sit around complaining about how nobody understands their muddly little mess.  were this intended to be for other people to see, it would thrive on clarity or have a damned good reason not to.

that being said, this piece is fine as it is, because you arent making it for others and pursuing your own vision is what id consider 'a damned good reason' :P
keep up the good work
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 02:48:06 am
Right. [thumbs up]

Offline shine

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 03:30:11 am
i think it's wonderful~~

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:54:03 pm
Thanks guys. :) Sorry if I sounded harsh, but it seemed as if everyone expected to see a demo.  :-[
@darionmccoy

Offline eghost

• Vagrant
    • View Profile
    • My Pixel Joint profile page

Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:40:09 pm
Freakin' beautiful...  :o