AuthorTopic: Military box RPG view and [WIP] of isometric view  (Read 2426 times)

Offline spacepaw

• View Profile

Military box RPG view and [WIP] of isometric view

on: August 26, 2012, 03:04:54 am
Here's a military box-like container for my RPG game. I'm pretty happy with the regular view (tried my best at axonometric perspective)

I know I already asked this in the general discussion section but I figured that my post might have been too confusing so I decided to show my problem :) I'm trying to make a version of this box that is standing at an angle. This is the general shape I came up with so far:

However it seems to be off (quite a bit). I hoped that someone could enlighten me about how to construct it with the right measurements so it seems to be the same size and perspective?

Apart from that - any C&C on the original box is welcome ^^ (thanks in advance!)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Military box RPG view and [WIP] of isometric view

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:42 pm
I like the greyshifting..
as far as the perspective.. it seems as if the top image is more looking from the top than the isometric one. The top image shows about equal amounts of the top and side surfaces if not more for the top.. whereas the isometric box shows less of the top surface than the side surface. Can you see that?
I would try to match those ratios.