AuthorTopic: WIP Portrait(Girl)  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

WIP Portrait(Girl)

on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:00 am
 :huh:
it is a portrait that i'm making,any hint?about it? ::)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: WIP Portrait(Girl)

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:50:26 pm
at first sight, the structure of the face seems to be a bit off. the colors are withing the realistic realm so I'm not sure if you are doing a caricature version.
if you use a bit less colors, then you are "forced" into defining shapes, and that might help you at this stage, as having loads of colors is actually making everything too smooth to make out the volumes.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 03:33:15 pm
the volumes are very flat and slanted, in 3 dimensions this will look very very strange

I notice you still have a tendency to cluster almost exclusively at angles, which is to the detriment of your forms, my edit leaning more toward male, but it was just to pull the volumes out to something more natural, if you think about the volumes and forms the way your nose and mouth are they seem to be curving backward off the face

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:17:44 pm
the volumes are very flat and slanted, in 3 dimensions this will look very very strange

I notice you still have a tendency to cluster almost exclusively at angles, which is to the detriment of your forms, my edit leaning more toward male, but it was just to pull the volumes out to something more natural, if you think about the volumes and forms the way your nose and mouth are they seem to be curving backward off the face

grimsane incredible :o, now I really understand ... basically was a part of the outline shape of the face I had seen somewhere that most did not know about applying for pixel level :crazy:, I am still very new in pixelart  ::) and appreciate your willingness to help "thanks man!" :y:

I will make a new edition later :yell: