AuthorTopic: Some characters (A coated man and a soldier) [Would like some advices and tips]  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Rhino

• View Profile
Hey there! I'm new here. :D
Well, these are some sprites that I have been doing for some games I'm making (or at least trying to xD). I have been pixel-arting for some years, but I'm not as good as some people out there, so I would like to heard some tips or advices from you guys, because I would like to improve some things. :)
I have done the sprite sheets myself.

PS: Sorry for my bad english. :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:54:03 pm by Rhino »

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile
not bad, I think the outlines restrict your detailing at this size, and the tendency for 1 pixel thin clustering makes it look rather noisy and not entirely pleasant.

here is an editwith some tweaking of the palette, and reduced the colour count from 50 to 24. Some general suggestion regarding shading, if you insist on outlines then coloured outlines in this case would fit better, solid black outlines aren't always bad, but generally look best on less realistic styles.

regarding form their rear feet look strangely angled, and the arms even though bent read slightly short especially on the left most figure, nothing too severe, nothing 1-2px lengthening won't fix, hope this helps.

and welcome to the forums ;D

Offline Rhino

• View Profile
Hey, thanks for the reply! :D
Yeah, well, as I said, I'm not a professional pixel-artist, I just do some for fun, and since I saw some very good pixel-art on the forum, I decided to show some of mine and maybe receive some tips or advices. I tried to color without the black outline, but I do not know, I think that when there is this outline, it makes the sprite more beautiful, if you know what I mean, hehe. xD

Ps: I suck at choosing colors palette sometimes, hehe. :P

Well, here is some edit I have made so far on this soldier (still working on the other arm):

And something random, a mixture of megaman or something like that, hehe (still working on the animation of the mask, like in Dead Space 2):

Tips and advices would be appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:09:01 pm by Rhino »