AuthorTopic: Platformer levels  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Re: Platformer levels

Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 08:54:27 pm
The backgrounds look really awesome. I'm curious to see the spriteage. I'm hoping they're made to not get lost in the backgrounds since there's a lot going on here.

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 10:43:57 pm
Nice...the only crit I have it that on the forest the BG looks a bit blocky in some places. Like in the lower left corner theres a patch opening to blue sky that has weird right edges. You could smooth it out a bit.

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 08:31:16 am
InvaderLupus, "Desert needs a BG" is a nice suggestion but have you read the description? :)  Regarding the other suggestion if you look at all the tiles you will see realism is not the prior goal of this set. Thank you anyway.

miascugh, amazing idea about theme-specific actions. I will definately ask programmer if he able to add this features, thanks. We might realize this idea later since the engine is not ready yet and needs lot of polishing and testing yet. Anyway I will forward this ideas. That would really fresh up the game. Could you give me that "cliffs of mali". I would try to see if it match the foreground. alexey(at)gas13.ru, if you can send them or post below. I have stopped at cave idea so far...

Sol, true, at least I was thinking of canyon rocks.

Turbo, I see what you mean. But I suppose there's no way to fix it. When the character is on the top of the level it looks the same way as the second pic. We have a vertical paralax (not sure if typed right). Thanks for the wall of ice idea. That's what I'm working at now. And that rocks at the top make no sense :) I mean, they could appear anywhere.

AdamAtomic, yep, I see, but I think we will leave it like that.

st0ven, heya bro :) I'm visiting pixelopolis regulary it's just a real pain to search the vocabulary for words I need to describe what I think. Since "OMG!1" and other one liners aren't tolerated here I keep my mouth shut :) The main char is bogee, the one who already appeared in stop the train. I'm just thinking of reworking it but might be leave him as is. Snowy BG will be reworked. I'm following Turbo's idea so far.

Tinygiant, working on the other one. Thanks :) Will search simon the sorcerer in the web...

Aleiav, nice remark, we'll see.

Hishnak, resize artefacts, will fix it.

Eh. What a time consuming action :) Thanks for helping, everyone.