AuthorTopic: jumping and fighting  (Read 1974 times)

Offline toaster

• View Profile

jumping and fighting

on: June 09, 2012, 11:26:38 am
Hello,

I've been working on this fighting animations. Maybe you will recognize the character or parts of the animation. I've worked on this before. Thanks to your help I made the animations in this topic: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=11721.0
I was really pleased with the results, but I think involving the enemy in the animation and making animations for the player being hit too will improve the result. I want to try to create fistfights with different outcomes depending on the players actions. Here are four, but more will be coming soon.

This one might be not readable enough.

I dont know what causes the little floating elbow part in the last three animations. It shouldn't be there. Try to ignore it, please. :sry:

While making the fighting animation I realised how bad my jumping animation was.  After trying several times I came up with this:

Since the animation must be suitable for a wide range of heights (jumping on a flat floor, jumping of a low ledge, jumping of a cliff) this animation consists out of 3 shorter animations.
Jump:

Flying through the air:

Landing:

Edit:
Trying to make his basic stance look a bit more heroic, but still casual:

The one one the left is the original stif version. The midle ones are first attempts. I'm most happy with the right one and maybe the fifth. Do you agree?

Edit:

The same jump with another landing. This one is for landing without continiuing the running. He just hits the ground and gets up.
Also, this will be the new stance:

Edit:

Any comments are appreciated.

Toaster
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:02:31 pm by toaster »