AuthorTopic: ok, this has never been tried before.  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

ok, this has never been tried before.

on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:18 am
A small movement of an attempt to fight.. :-\

:crazy:

never tried something like that, I really really need help. :D

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: ok, this has never been tried before.

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:09:15 am
it looks like he is about to kick with his foreground leg, then it is his background leg that follows through, not bad for a first attempt, I'd recommend using a different colour line for background and foreground elements, ie Blue rear leg, and orange on the fore leg. if it was his foreground leg it wouldn't stretch out so far.

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 03:41:15 am
Something I'd like to point out is that trained fighters tend not to throw themselves off balance. That said the sprite's left hand is being thrown down and back as he kicks. I would venture to guess that you got up and actually performed the kick yourself a few times, and furthermore that you have no kick training. Not a problem but it might help you make more believable or realistic sprites if you watched some trained fighters. If this guy is supposed to be a street fighter or untrained then sure, let him fight sloppy, otherwise you can find many videos on youtube to help you with 'proper' technique.

Back leg snap kick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6h7Bih9AI

I was trained to land forward after snap kicks. As in, leg comes up, followed by the kick, then the kicking leg is placed forward. Otherwise, you're fighting your own momentum. That, and to never bend down into your kick because you'll wind up bashing yourself in the face with your knee, believe it or not. This guy's form is good but he does a few silly things--mentioned above.

Researching will help you find your key frames.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:43:05 am by Vermolius »

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:28:44 pm

Hello.

Your sprite has balance issues. The pelvis area needs to be in balance and if not, the body arch needs to compensate for it being off-kilter. Align the body arch along a vertical line and your character will be properly balanced. A person can deviate from this line somewhat, especially if s/he's got good balance and/or strong muscles. But it will be a strained position and s/he won't be able to hold it for very long.

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:47:20 pm

i've tried to do something very hard.:(,now i've  trying, something easy.
 This is better now?? ::)

and, thanks for the  coments :-*
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:49:37 pm by Mùller »