AuthorTopic: Let the computer aesthetic burn your mind!  (Read 25922 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Let the computer aesthetic burn your mind!

Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 02:06:26 am
I'm not thinking of something that replicates the same phenomenom so exactly, just something that can aproximatedly do the same kind of blur.

you know, just some filter you can run pixelart trough so it spits something in 2X and it looks like Ironshin's TV shot.

BTW, I tried my hand at a CMYK ver.....

I reversed the brightness of the two brightest shades, but I think this version benefits more of the pallete this  way
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:10:46 am by Conceit »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 06:25:31 am
some interesting color mixing in the high register there and a good test, but any format that isn't pretty primitive (like actual CGA, 170's and zeros, or my original palette of 256's and zeros) pretty much goes against what I was trying to do on this one.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

?

Reply #62 on: June 12, 2006, 10:08:31 am
I just went with the opposite pallete, the one that is negative instead of positive.

Offline dille

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 06:15:56 pm
Just want to say that this looks awesome! I love how you use different patterns to twist and bend the colors into looking this cool. You haven't thought about making a tutorial about this kind of advanced dithering?

Perhaps you have some links to websites that are intresting if you wish to learn more about this kind of technique?